Saturday, February 04, 2023

I just had cause to remember this


Oh, rose of my heart, can't you see?I don't belong to miseryThough she speaks fine with subtle artSuch misery clothes the rose of my heart
Now what I see in the long twilightA star falls down on a hill so whiteOn a hill so white
A face that glows in a golden hueNo one in this world knows what they doI take my oath and I make my vowFor the tender things are upon me now
In the fragrance sweet of the evening airI could leave this worldQuite without a care
Oh, rose of my heart, the vision dimsThe time is brief, now the shadow swimsA bow for you, a real fine hat'Cause that's for you and that's where it's at
Now what I see in the long twilightA star falls down on a hill so white
Oh, rose of my heart
Oh, rose of my heart
Oh, rose of my heart

No comments: