Sunday, April 24, 2011







This song, by a fat, dead Argentinian folk singer (murdered by the junta for reputedly playing this very piece at a festival when it had been proscribed)has the following lyrics, though obviously they lose a lot in translation (not mine, i hasten to add)

Zamba of my hope,
dawned like a love.
Dream, dream of the soul
that sometimes dies without blooming.

Zamba, I sing to you
Because your song spreads love.
Caress of your handkerchief
that is enveloping my heart.

Star, you who looked at me,
You who listened to my suffering.
Star, allow me to sing,
allow me to love as I know how.

Time is passing
and life will never return again.
Time is killing me
and you affections will be, will be.

Submerged in horizons,
I am (but) a cloud of dust that blows into the wind.
Zamba, do not leave me yet.
Without your song, I no longer live.

Star, you who looked at me,
you who listened to my suffering,
star, allow me to sing,
allow me to love as I know how.

No comments: