Sunday, December 27, 2009

end of year list of best albums of o9 time?

Let's pretend for a moment that it wasn't that Mordant Music album, or probably the Vindicatrix album which I've yet to track down, but who I was stupid enough to not go and see in New Cross a couple of weeks ago (it was freezing, I was knackered, it was Tuesday). The Wire end of year issue was good wasn't it? Good overviews by Joe's Stannard and Muggs, lots of great stuff in the end of year chart.

so, filtering out the stuff that has appeared heavily elsewhere (ie hypnagogic, hauntologic and wonk) here are the best albums of the year for me:

The Necks: Silverwater
Wevie Stonder: The Bucket
Krallice: Dimensional Bleedthrough
Wolves in the throne room: Black Cascade
Shackleton: Three eps
Extra Golden: Thank you very quickly
Mount Fuji Doomjazz Corporation: Succubus
Nomo: Invisible Cities
Master Musicians of Bukkake: Totem One

In other news, 09 was the year I got into Steely Dan.

No comments: