Wednesday, January 31, 2007

The Impostume is currently semi bed-bound with yet another very fizzy head cold but has had his spirits lifted by this, courtesy of Frothing Spleen (well, actually courtesy of his mate Rob). How many other examples of it there are out there I don't know, but I like it! The revenge of jaded consumers sick of hyperbole and hyped up mediocrity I'm guessing (though i reckon it's the work of one person, judging by the similarity in style and tone*) plus the affinities with Wyatting are obvious. Spoofing, anybody? If there are any other examples of it out there that anyone knows about, let me know, otherwise it looks like it could become a fun new way of hurling your contempt straight in the faces of Celebdom!
*looking at it further, I'm wrong. It's clearly the work of several, or more people... with only one, baffled genuine reviewer out of 111 (!) saying he can't see what all the fuss is about....
ahhh... the impostume is sadly behind the times, even these guys have got there first..
UPDATE this one really is a cracker... I laughed so much my teeth nearly fell out...

No comments: